Inspect in-process, pre-ship and/or finished production assemblies and incoming materials for conformance to quality standards. Audit manufacturing processes as assigned to approved documentation. Report on production and quality issues to the production manager.
Education & Qualifications
- 3+ Years’ experience in PCB Assembly / Cable Assembly / Electronic Manufacturing environment
- The ability to read and interpret assembly drawings, wiring diagrams, schematics, technical instructions, Bills of Material and Quality standards.
- Experience utilizing small hand tools and soldering equipment.
- Knowledge of Electronic Components, Mechanical Components, and PCBs
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as but not limited to IPC/J-STD
- Familiarity with ISO quality standards
- 20/20 vision (corrected acceptable) Ability to see small features, distinguish colors
- Experience utilizing inspection tools such as micrometers, gage pins, microscopes
- General computer skills including MS Windows, Excel, Word
- Ability to stand and sit for various length of time (8-10 hours at a time)
- Ability to maintain productive while working alone
- Able to perform job consistently without excessive absenteeism or tardiness
- Ability to successfully communicate internally as well as outside contacts
- Must be US Person
Responsibilites & Duties
- In-process Inspection: Inspect production material to ensure quality levels are met at SMT, post wave, final and pre-ship stages of production. Utilizing provided documentation (Prints, Routings, etc.) and IPC/J-STD Standards.
- Component Recognition: Ability to properly recognize and utilize common components and tools such as resistors, capacitors, Integrated circuits, connectors, and use as specified in assembly documentation.
- Documentation Review / Usage: Ensure “Job Travelers” and build documentation are reviewed and understood prior to start of build. Job Travelers are filled in completely and correctly prior to moving on to the next operation. Appropriate documentation completed for any issues found during manufacturing.
- IPC and/or J-STD: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Full-time Salary: $15.00 - $20.00 per hour Benefits:
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10-hour shift
- Day shift
- Chesterfield, MI 48051: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)