Flexographic Printing Press Operator
Flexographic Press Operator
- Sets up and operates flexographic printing press to print designs or lettering on rolls of flexible plastic film, paper, and nonabsorbent stock for use in making products, such labels, product identification, : Reads job order and mounts specified rubber plate and printing dies on cylinder, installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of press.
Education & Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Manufacturing environment, machine operation experience preferred
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Ability to stand and sit for various length of time(8-10 hours at a time).
- Ability to bend/twist and reach.
- Ability to differentiate between colors and patterns.
- Ability to read, write and follow instructions in English with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be a US person
Responsibilites & Duties
- Fills work station with correct inks.
- Makes mechanical adjustments on press to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area.
- Inserts shaft through core of paper or plastic roll and secures roll on press in feed position.
- Splices end of roll to trailer sheet remaining in press, using tape, and regulates roll tension and feed.
- Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of printing plate as necessary.
- Cuts sample of printed material from end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
- Cleans ink from press after completed run and maintains press in good working condition.
- May mix inks for desired colors and opacity.
- May operate press equipped with laminator attachment to print and laminate additional materials.